Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
Yields: 2 people
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- In a skillet, dry roast cumin and black pepper.
- Stir frequently, until the aroma is released.
- Combine cumin and pepper, along with all the other ingredients, into a blender.
- Mix at high speed until mint leaves are well blended.
This is a drink used in Indian culture to aid in digestion. Traditionally they use black salt which can be found in Indian food markets.
- For a different taste ground cardamom or ground fennel in place of the cumin.
- Try different types of yogurt: cow, sheep, goat or soy.